Instrumentation & Electrical Technican
Specialty Granules LLC (SGI) is seeking an experienced Instrumentation & Electrical Technician at their Plant in Blue Ridge Summit, PA.
We offer full benefits, vacation, paid holidays, and 7% company match on 401k retirement plan. Relocation assistance is provided for those who qualify. Salary is $30.88 to $34.43 per hour.
Reporting to the Electrician Supervisor, I&E Technician works within the Maintenance Department, partners closely with Operations to minimize Plant downtime. The I&E Tech will be required to work various shifts and weekends as assigned.
Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Trouble shooting, repairing, rebuilding, installation, and demolition of the plant’s electrical equipment and machinery, including motors, panels, generating equipment, lighting circuits, communication systems, etc.
- Maintain the facility in an electrically safe condition.
- Respond to process upsets with a sense of urgency.
- Comply with regulatory governing bodies with regard to electrical installations, mining safety, and occupational health; and with Company safe practices and established procedures.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the field of electrical theory, motor control, and automation.
- Maybe required to perform other miscellaneous assignments as directed.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years technician experience
- Working knowledge of Allen-Bradley RSLogix/PLC programming and troubleshooting, Wonderware/HMI Programming, Fiberoptic, Ethernet Networking, and Digital Multimeter or Process Calibration meter
- Working knowledge of AC/DC motor controls, PLC’s pneumatics, hydraulics and technical experience working with blue prints and schematics
- Experience with single and 3 phase motors including MCCs, soft starters and VFDs.
- Proficiency in control switches, such as position, level, pressure and flow; understanding failsafe wiring methods and ability to provide application recommendations for controls.
- Knowledge of plant communication networks, analog/digital signal circuits, and/or industrial electronics.
- Must be willing to take both written mechanical and electrical knowledge tests.
- Completion of an electrical proficiency qualification or apprentice program desired.
- Previous maintenance experience in an industrial setting
Specialty Granules LLC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected Veteran status.