U.S. Silica is a leading producer of industrial minerals, including sand proppants, whole grain silica, ground silica, fine ground silica, calcined kaolin clay and aplite clay. We have a 100+ year track record as an innovator and a rapidly growing market share as a supplier to domestic oil and natural gas operations that support the nation’s economic strength and energy independence.
In addition to offering over 200 products in these categories, U.S. silica also operates as a research and development specialist for customized products and solutions utilizing the same raw materials. The wide variety of industries and applications served by U.S. Silica includes oil and gas, glass, chemicals, foundry, building products, fillers and extenders, recreation, industrial filtration and treatment, and testing and analysis. We are looking to add a dynamic Electrical Technician to our Crane, TX team!
- The purpose of this work instruction is to define the functions and quality related aspects of the Electrical Technician. This work instruction highlights the following responsibilities, safety and quality impact concerns.
- Perform and document pre-shift inspections on mobile equipment.
- Safely perform timely inspection, lubrication & correction tasks to continuously improve plant processing and equipment
- Safely perform and oversee timely electrical repairs to continuously improve plant processes and equipment
- Cooperate with supervising, facilitating, and assisting personnel.
- Fill out all needed paperwork to record completed tasks, request needed tools and parts, and provide needed information to management
- Clean up after jobs, put away tools and return any unused parts to proper storage areas
- Cooperate with other maintenance personnel to ensure a seamless transition of workflow during breaks, lunches, shift changes, illnesses and vacations.
- Cooperate with Production Operators to make sure that maintenance work does not interfere with the quantity or quality of in process or final products.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management or needed to continue effective operations.
- Safety First Thinking: Use proper tools and repair parts, in a safe manner, to make lasting and quality enhancing electrical repairs.
- Plans, assists with planning and installs new plant electrical and electronic equipment.
- Performs preventative electrical and electronic maintenance in accordance with established procedures.
- Process control and instrumentations, to include computer network management, process troubleshooting, and project management
- Responsible for plant automation and control systems, including HMI and PLC systems, controls networks and equipment, MES, data collection and reporting systems and safety equipment and systems.
- Duties include implementing capital projects, staying within both schedule and budget requirements.
- Documenting and managing system / process changes and improvements.
- Troubleshooting, repairs and adjustments to production and safety equipment.
- Train and mentor electrical staff.
- Performs housekeeping in immediate work area and other areas designated by supervision.
- Follows all safety requirements including but not limited to LOTO, Confined Space, SLAM, DBS, Serious 6 and all other programs and safety policies implemented at US Silica facilities.
- The Electrician will wear required personal protective equipment (hard hat, safety shoes, safety harness, and hearing protection) in designated areas, and adhere to all local, state, federal, and U.S. Silica health & safety standards.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years working as an electrical technician in an industrial setting, which included PLC, and 3 phase power systems training and experience Note: Management may waive minimum requirements for this position based on experience and/or other circumstances.
FUNCTIONAL/TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Basic computer literacy
- Math ability including fractions & elementary geometry
- Read blueprints and word documents
- Read electrical schematics and ladder logic diagrams