Who We Are:
BARD Materials is a 72-year-old family-owned Ready Mix and Aggregate Supplier whose purpose is to Transforms Materials Responsibly to Build Better Lives, Communities, and Country. In Aggregate Production, we live our purpose by producing high-quality Aggregate products in a manner that is Safe, Efficient, and respectful to the Environment. As a whole, we are focused on creating a culture that develops all employees as leaders, thereby maximizing the positive impact we have on Lives, Communities, and Country.
Who you are:
You live the BARD Core Values of:
- Be Humble
- Build and Maintain Relationships
- Choose to be Positive and Resilient
- Always Learn, Do, and Improve
- Own Safety
- Commit to Quality
- Focus on the Customer
- Act as One BARD
- Love leading a team to reach new goals and heights
- Have effective in-person, phone, and written communication skills
- Don’t mind speaking in front of groups and will work to improve at it
- Genuinely enjoy seeing others grow and develop under your Leadership
- Understand that your well-being influences your ability to Lead
- Believe zero incidents is attainable
- Believe you can improve safety and production at the same time.
- Enjoy trying out new Technologies
- Believe technology can improve safety and efficiency
- Have always liked big equipment
- Enjoy the journey of continual improvement
- Inefficiency keeps you up at night
- Enjoy debating better ways to ‘build the mousetrap’
- Have a 4-year degree in a related field or 10 years of relevant experience
- Would enjoy the opportunity to attend more schooling if available
Assistant Aggregate Production Director directly manages two portable hydraulic dredge plants, two log washer plants, a Fines Recovery Unit, #2 Low Boy Operators and the Planning and Stripping for 10 Sand Pit Locations. This position reports to the Aggregate Production Director and has 8 direct reports. This person oversees a total of about 10 employees and will work closely with the Aggregate Production Director, Land and Mining Development Manager, Safety Director, Environmental Director, and Area Managers. This position will have P&L responsibilities for the Sand and Gravel Department.
- Plan for personnel and equipment needs of each operation.
- Effectively present information to management, public groups and or boards of directors
- Develop weekly,monthly, and annual schedules for meeting production goals.
- Review daily, weekly, monthly production against established goals.
- Monitor equipment performance and down time records.
- Provide guidance to managers and supervisors regarding personnel and safety practices.
- Work with Safety Director to schedule training and investigate any accidents and injuries.
- Check on each crew’s adherence to environmental & safety laws. Maintain awareness of new or changing environmental and safety laws. Assist Environmental Director in investigation of environmental & safety problems.
Required Computer Skills:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint
- Viewpoint - ERP
- Wrike -Project Management
- Digital Fleet - GPS Dispatch
- Learn new Systems
We offer a competitive benefits package including Health Insurance, Wellness Program, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Flex Spending Plan, 401K, Profit Sharing, Vacation, Holidays, Sick Pay and an Employee Assistance Program