H2H Geoscience Engineering, PLLC is a rapidly growing geologic, engineering and environmental consulting firm that consults to the mining industry throughout North America. H2H is currently seeking a mine engineering-geologic professional to join our dynamic team.
What you will do:
- Gather and Utilize Mine Planning Data. Gather and utilize geologic mapping, drill data, hydrologic information, quality testing results, topography, aerial photography, survey data, and other mine planning data to design 3-D mine plans and mining/stripping schedules.
- Analyze and Document Land Use Information. Gather, review, analyze, and document property lines, mining setbacks, easements, zoning, special use agreements, neighbor concerns, and other site-specific land use information as necessary for mine planning process.
- Generate Site Plans and Mine Plans. Generate an updated life-of-mine site and assist with reserve documentation. Develop and communicate reserve estimates, short-term mine plans, long-term mine plans, and mine reclamation plans.
- Prepare Presentations. Assist in the preparation of presentations, documentations, reports, and maps as needed.
- Prepare Stripping Plans. Estimate stripping volumes, prepare stripping plans and assist with preparation of stripping bid packages.
- Additional Responsibilities. Other duties as assigned.
- Education. Must have a Bachelor’s degree, B.Sc. in Mining Engineering is preferred, or in an associated technical field such as Geology, Geological Engineering, or Civil Engineering. PE/CPG preferred.
- Experience. At least 5 years of geology, mining engineering, or operations experience is preferred.
- Industry Knowledge. Must have knowledge of basic mining engineering and geologic concepts, as well as of the federal, state and local regulations, and statutes which affect mine planning.
- Functional Knowledge. Basic surveying knowledge is preferred.
- Mine Planning Skills. Must have the ability, either through formal training or experience, to create mine plans, compute stone reserves, and interpret data including geologic testing results, topographic maps and regulatory requirements,
- Analytical Skills. Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Technology Skills. Must have proficient skills in 3D-CAD design, Excel, Carlson, and other computer related software.
- Interpersonal Skills. Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to successfully interact and build relationships with H2H personnel as well as with representatives of government and regulatory agencies. Must be able to present complex information in a clear and concise manner. Must be able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Time Management Skills. Must be self-motivated and have the ability to manage multiple projects effectively without close supervision.
For immediate consideration, please email resume to email@example.com with “Engineering Geologist/Mining Engineer” as the subject header.