- Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
- Consistently identify new operational opportunities and develop strategies for accomplishing the attainment of improved efficiency and productivity.
- Address the needs of the customer while at the same time promoting and protecting the long-term interests of the Company.
- Initiate and implement production and scheduling related programs, strategies and techniques that result in increased productivity, and maintain safe operations of the assigned Plant, while containing the budgeted expenses of the assigned plants.
- Manage the performances of subordinate personnel, work independently, meet deadlines and manage the assigned Plant with fiscal integrity.
- Delegate responsibilities; must be able to objectively evaluate the performance of subordinates; and must be able to hold others accountable in a constructive manner.
- Participate in Company safety inspections as well as MSHA inspections.
- Communicate with site crew which includes plant operator, loader operators and laborers. Depending on labor situation and plant size may need to load and/or be part of operating crew.
- Supervise team to maintain production and efficiency. Schedule production and execute preventative maintenance routines
- Maintain sufficient inventory levels at site to service customers’ needs
- Coordinate safety issues and investigate incidents with safety department. Ensure environmental compliance, rehabilitation and meeting permit obligations
- Responsible for the rail circuit loading and unloading between Stringtown and DFW area
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: Bachelor's/Undergraduate Degree
Field of Study Preferred: Mining Engineering, Management
Required Work Experience: 5-7 years Aggregate Mining and related Raw Materials Plant Production experience
Licenses Preferred: Supervisor’s Card issued by MSHA
Required Computer and Software Skills: Computer proficiency required. SAP experience would be a plus
- Good communication and interpersonal skill coupled with good negotiation, planning, scheduling and people management ability.
- The ability to recognize production problems and the experience to solve those problems. Good knowledge of Sand and Aggregate Mining and related Raw Materials Plant Production and the ability to motivate departmental personnel to meet production goals while maintaining the integrity of the safety program.
- Understanding computers will be helpful.
- Needs to have a good working knowledge of electrical systems, hydraulic systems, water systems, pumps, motors, conveyors, and air systems.
- Must be a decision-maker that constantly incorporates common business sense into the decision-making process.
- Material handling knowledge is essential.