- Supervise and coordinate the maintenance teams to ensure execution of maintenance plans safely and productively.
- Manage the performance of assigned personnel - delegate responsibilities while objectively evaluating performance and holding them accountable in a constructive manner.
- Develop and implement strategies/ best practices for achieving continuous improvement efficiency and productivity of the plants with emphasis on plant availability (meet/exceed BDP for throughput and availability).
- Review weekly and monthly maintenance plan/forecast with management and address production schedules to meet customer needs.
- Ensure safety of personnel and assets for which responsible by completing regular training on all health and safety standards and environmental guidelines. Monitors work performance and addresses situations that do not conform to standards immediately.
- Promotes health and safety audits, route inspections of safety practices, devices and equipment, and regular completion of job safety analyses. Consistently identifies ways to improve the safety culture.
- Coordinate safety issues and investigate incidents with management and safety department.
- Ensure environmental compliance, rehabilitation and compliance with operational permit obligations.
- Perform statistical analysis for continuous improvement and management, prepares reports and maintains appropriate department records and files, as required. Updates the daily Communications Board with daily/weekly/monthly safety statistics
- Provide work direction, training and support to maintenance workers responsible for inspecting, repairing, moving and/or installing plant machinery and equipment in accordance with instructions, equipment manuals, etc.
- Review and generate weekly maintenance plan and backlog with Operations and obtains agreement on the plan/schedule for next week.
- Review the Preventative Maintenance Route (PMR) Database and plan for the following week.
- Ensure each planned task is ready with materials/tools before assignment.
- Plan major maintenance projects and work with plant management to develop capital investment recommendations to senior management.
- Achieve overall equipment effectiveness at the lowest sustainable cost of maintenance.
- Review Plan Attainment statistics for previous weeks’ plan and communicates to the team
- Drives a culture of continuous improvement.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business Management. Direct experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
Required Work Experience:
- Minimum of two years Aggregate Mining and related Raw Materials Plant Production Experience
- Computer proficiency required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with good negotiation, planning, scheduling and people management ability.
- Ability to identify production problems, and the experience to solve those problems.
- Good knowledge of aggregate Plant Production, and the ability to motivate department personnel to meet production goals, while maintaining the integrity of the safety program.
- Good working knowledge of electrical systems, hydraulic systems, water systems, pumps, motors, conveyors, crushers, screens, and air systems.
- Must be a decision-maker that constantly incorporates common business sense into the decision-making process.
- Material handling knowledge is essential
Travel Requirements: Local travel throughout Maryland, DC, Virginia, required.
Computer and Software Skills:
Basic PC skills using Microsoft Office Application. Prior SAP experience helpful, but not required.
Competency Profile (Eg. Lominger):
- Strong time management skills, and ability to prioritize tasks
- Able to handle multiple responsibilities at one time and must be able to deal effectively with people using a facilitative approach.
- Strong communication and motivation skills.
- Sound knowledge of OH&S and environmental policies and procedures.
- ACM plant operational and maintenance knowledge and experience.
- Ability to understand, analyse and interpret technical and financial aspects of the business.
- Excellent people skills and have strong potential for strong leadership development.
- Creativity in approaches used to develop and direct short- and long-range planning and development programs.
- Responsible for providing reasonable assurance of effective and efficient operations, including actions to prevent and detect fraud and protect Company resources.
HEALTH & SAFETY (H&S) COMPETENCIES
- Ensures alignment of H&S activities arising from H&S missions and objectives.
- Actively manages risks by ensuring that all related control activities are thoroughly implemented.
- Drives committed and effective incident management through active participation in incident review, investigation, and corrective action creation.
- Promotes a culture of incident reporting and leading indicators, i.e., Near Misses and Visible Personal Commitment (VPC).
- Exercises and encourages core H&S values including, but not limited to, developing self and coaching others by inspiration and empowerment.