Electrical & Automation Manager
The overall objective of the Reliability & Projects Engineer is to ensure safe and reliable operation of production facilities at the lowest life cycle cost and develop cost effective projects that will increase the plants productivity. The Reliability & Projects Engineer will be responsible for the identification, development, and implementation of innovative solutions to electrical/instrumentation/automation/networking reliability issues and projects for multiple facilities. This person will be expected to work independently and make technical decisions and recommendations based on collection and analysis of data and information and analysis of cost, risk and benefits.
- Maintain safety as a top priority and assures that everyday activities meet all requirements, standard safety procedures, hazards assessments, work permits, etc
- Analyze data and information from multiple sources to identify, recommend and justify life-cycle cost and reliability improvement activities
- Assist in engineering, design, specification, assessment and technical support of electrical, instrumentation, automation, networking and Cybersecurity equipment, and assets
- Assist in or Manage execution and commissioning of expense/capital projects or initiatives for electrical, instrumentation, automation, networking, and Cybersecurity reliability improvement in coordination with the IT department
- Identify and resolve long-term or chronic electrical asset concerns
- Own and lead the Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process for major failures to ensure prevention of re-occurrence and follow ups on pending tasks to support the BU’s until it’s get done
- Monitor and Optimize Predictive and Preventive Maintenance programs at operating facilities
- Review and update Standard Maintenance Procedures (SMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Identify, pilot and implement new technologies for reliability improvement
- Drive resolution of highest impact issues with a strong sense of urgency and integrity
- Utilize Six Sigma methodologies for continuous improvement of Reliability
- Track and report on KPI’s, metrics and key initiatives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, or Electronic, or Computer, or Networking Engineering with a minimum of 12 years of experience in areas of engineering, maintenance, reliability, automation, networking, Cyber Security in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Proven experience in maintenance and engineering of electrical, instrumentation, automation, networking equipment such as low/medium/high voltage switchgear, transformers, motors, distribution systems, MCCs, VFDs, PLCs, HMIs, Process Control Network, Cybersecurity, and CEMS/DAHS systems
- Proven knowledge of Preventive and Predictive maintenance methodologies and technologies
- Proven experience in execution of Reliability methodologies such as RCA, RCI, FMEA, Statistical downtime analysis, Fishbone analysis etc
- Proven experience in engineering, specification and design of electrical/instrumentation/automation/networking systems, assets and projects
- Excellent communication, team interaction and presentation skills
- Proven ability to work independently as well as lead/participate on cross functional teams.
- Proven experience as a self-starter who effectively manages multiple tasks and achieves results with minimal supervision
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven understanding of electrical/instrumentation/automation/networking/cybersecurity regulatory and industrial standards and codes
- Proven understanding of control and instrumentation systems in an industrial manufacturing environment
- Proven experience in CMMS systems
- Proven knowledge of Six Sigma methodologies and techniques
- Proven knowledge of reliability methodologies and strategies such as RCM, TPM, Spare Parts Management, Planning & Scheduling and CMMS optimization
- Proven skills with software such as SAP, AutoCAD, Power Point, Visio, Excel, Word, Rockwell PLCs, Modicon PLCs, HMIs, Networking, PIMs, Cybersecurity
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- This position requires a combination of office work and field work. This position typically requires frequent travel domestically, if support is needed over any of the CEMEX worldwide.
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise and working outdoors.
- Required walking, sitting, lifting, reaching, kneeling, crouching, pushing, pulling and climbing to a significant degree
- Heavy work-exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safety around heavy rolling equipment
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning and/or pulling of controls
- Must pass DOT physical to include back x-ray, hearing test and drug/alcohol screening.