The Heavy Industry Sales Representative will be responsible for travelling through the Western Great Lakes Region (MI, MN, WI, IL, OH, IN, MO) as needed to promote VDG Drum Motors through sales growth and new account acquisition.
2+ years experience in aggregate/mining equipment sales or aggregate/mining product sales, customer service, or account management. Experience with industrial equipment (electric motors, gear boxes, PT/MRO equipment) also accepted
Understanding of basic engineering concepts.
Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
Experience in building and maintaining customer and/or supplier relationships.
Use of MS Office suite, CRM and ERP systems.
Ability to travel through territory up to 80%, including overnight – company vehicle provided
· Generate new revenue within the territory
· Responsible for obtaining qualified lead through prospecting and research
· Independently schedule and conduct sales calls and presentations with key decision makers and influencers
· Create, maintain, and grow relationships with end-users, resellers and OEMs
· Assist customers with application engineering for drives
· Respond to customer inquiries, issues, and emergencies
· Track leads, sales, and activities through the companies CRM system
· Produce activity and sales reports as required
· Attend local and national tradeshows and association events
VDG is an internationally recognized manufacturer of high precision, heavy duty, and efficient power transmission equipment for the mining and aggregate processing industries, with manufacturing locations in the US, Canada, and Europe.
For more information, or to submit a resume, please contact Matt Lepp at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-595-3312