Surface Miner/Construction Worker
JOB SUMMARY: As a surface miner, you work in the front lines of our mine ensuring the successful extraction of rock, using heavy equipment and machinery to move rock and debris. Surface miners will work in confined spaces, at heights, and near open holes. As a surface miner, you will be responsible for several task that involve safely overseeing and assisting with the successful conveying and processing of rock and aggregates. At times surface miners will be asked to assist in tasks involved with the extraction, crushing, conveying, inventory and service of aggregate stone products, facilities and associated machinery. Hours of operation, benefits, pay, and further detail will be provided during interview.
- Will follow strict health and safety rules and wear personal protective equipment (e.g. safety glasses, respirator, steel-toed boots, hard hats, ear protection, etc.)
- Reports any safety concerns to foreman or maintance
- Follows company,OSHA, & MSHA regulations.
- Provides a clean and safe work environment for self and others.
- Has prior mine or construction operation experience or knowledge (huge plus)
- Has a flexible schedule: can work long hours and weekends when necessary
- Is dependable: shows up to work on time, everyday, & manage time wisely while on the clock.
- Is production oriented: looking for ways to improve efficiency
- Has ability to work under conditions of: frequent exposure to dusty, noisy conditions and the full range of weather conditions( rain, heat,cold, etc.)
- Has no problem with frequently being in, on, and around quarry high walls and pit; extended periods working from elevated positions or in tunnels.
- Can lift and carry 75 pounds when necessary
- Has no issue with physical labor: sweep, shovel, and general clean up of any area and/or equipment
- Can sit, stand,bend, climb and/or combination of all for 8+ hours a day.
- Can trouble shoot, diagnose, modify, and repair stationary equipment
- Will perform a pre-operation inspection of the plant they are working in
- Can assist with general plant activities such as: changing screens,crusher liners, as well as driving water truck & haul truck,
- Can read and interpret operating manuals, policies, procedures, & training documents.
- Participates in meetings and training as directed.
- Is willing to cross-train in other positions and areas of the site and assist other employees as needed.
- Has great communication and teamwork capabilities: Working with a team in a busy quarry.
- Willing to work in a diverse workplace
Luck Companies is actively taking every measure to ensure the safety of our employees, their families and our customers during the Covid 19 pandemic.
- Luck Stone is proud to be a drug-free workplace and pre-employment testing is mandatory for anyone who receives an offer for employment. EEO
- Luck Stone also conducts a background check and is compliant with E-Verify.