Heavy Equipment Operator
JOB SUMMARY: As a heavy equipment operator, you will be responsible for ensuring pre-operation inspections of equipment you operate are being completed in a safe and honest manner. Heavy equipment operators are primarily responsible for transporting and logistics of aggregates throughout plants. At times heavy equipment operators will be asked to assist in tasks involved with the extraction, crushing, conveying, inventory and service of aggregate stone products, facilities and associated machinery. Heavy equipment operators will be expected to familiarize themselves with equipment to ensure safe operation and upkeeping of equipment. Hours of operation, benefits, pay, and further detail will be provided during interview.
- Reports any safety concerns to foreman or maintance when completing pre-operational inspection and/or through shift
- Follows company,OSHA, & MSHA regulations.
- Provides a clean and safe work environment for self and others.
- Has prior equipment operation experience or knowledge (huge plus)
- Has a flexible schedule: can work long hours and weekends when necessary
- Is dependable: shows up to work on time, everyday, & manage time wisely while on the clock.
- Is production oriented: Consistently looking for ways to be more effficient.
- Has ability to work under conditions of: frequent exposure to dusty, noisy conditions and the full range of weather conditions( rain, heat,cold, etc.)
- Has no problem with frequently being in, on, and around quarry high walls and pit; extended periods working from elevated positions or in tunnels.
- Can lift and carry 75 pounds when necessary
- Has no issue with physical labor: sweep, shovel, and general clean up of any area and/or equipment
- Can sit, stand,bend, climb and/or combination of all for 8+ hours a day
- Can assist with general plant activities such as: changing screens,crusher liners, as well as driving water truck & haul truck,
- Participates in meetings and training as directed.
- Is willing to cross-train in other positions and areas of the site and assist other employees as needed.
- Can Multi-Task: operates hand and foot controls in equipment, prioritizes task at hand.
- Has great communication and teamwork capabilities: Working with a team in a busy quarry.
- Can read and interpret operating manuals, policies, procedures, & training documents.
Luck Companies is actively taking every measure to ensure the safety of our employees, their families and our customers during the Covid 19 pandemic.
- Luck Stone is proud to be a drug-free workplace and pre-employment testing is mandatory for anyone who receives an offer for employment. EEO
- Luck Stone also conducts a background check and is compliant with E-Verify.