Senior Manager - Environment & Sustainability
WE GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH
A WHOLE NEW MEANING
You experience our products every day, though you may not recognize our name. That’s OK. We’re focused on being great, not especially flashy.
We’re Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt and related construction materials.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
Lehigh Hanson is seeking a Senior Manager of Environment & Sustainability for our Corporate office in Irving, TX.
Environmental sustainability and doing our part to mitigate climate
change while moving toward a circular economy are core sustainability values at
Lehigh Hanson and HeidelbergCement.
In this role you will drive progress to reduce our carbon footprint, minimize waste, identify recycling opportunities, promote biodiversity, and support water management throughout Lehigh Hanson’s operations in North America. You will also oversee the reporting of our progress to HeidelbergCement as well as other platforms to key stakeholder groups. If you are ready to make positive transformational changes for our organization as well as in the world, we would be happy to welcome you to the Lehigh Hanson Sustainability Team.
- Developing and refining the sustainability strategy, priorities, measurements and plan
- Identifying and implementing new innovations in line with our strategy
- Building the business case for sustainability initiatives
- Leading the effort to integrate acquisitions into the business
- Communicating to senior leadership on progress and challenges
- Partner with operations leadership team and work with each region and business unit to understand operational footprint, trends and opportunities for improvement
- Driving progress related to GHG emissions, renewable energy, zero waste, recycling, reclamation and biodiversity, and water stewardship
- Support the implementation of a new environmental self-assessment audit format in all business lines
- Traveling to our locations providing leadership to the network of engineers & managers
- Manage the annual sustainability data reporting process and lead the follow-up process of the HC Sustainability Commitments 2030.
- Represent the company for external engagements
- Manage customer, industry and NGO requests for corporate sustainability performance communication
- Attend and speak at various sustainability venues.
- Manage relationships with key NGO stakeholders and industry associations
· Develop strong relationships with our operational and corporate leaders.
This position will be based at our corporate office in Irving, Texas. Our corporate office supports the Lehigh Hanson plants in North America and offers highly competitive benefits with no waiting period to participate in medical, dental, vision, and life insurance programs. In addition, we offer a 401(k) retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions. Amenities include a free fitness center, free covered parking, and on-site cafe and coffee bar. We also offer “Dress for Your Day” which gives our employees the discretion to select appropriate dress depending on the business activities of each workday.
Domestic relocation assistance is available for this role.
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- BS degree in Engineering, Environmental Science or a related field (with a focus in sustainability)
- MS or MBA degree preferred but not required (with a focus in sustainability)
- 10+ years of experience managing environmental sustainability, sustainability reporting, and verification for key indices. Experience in cement, aggregate, ready mix, hot-mix asphalt a plus
- LEED accredited as a Green Associate or Advanced Professional (preferred)
- Ability to work with senior management and others to achieve results
- Outstanding influencing and communication skills
- Excellent project and capital management skills
- A passion to make a positive difference in the world through environmental sustainability and experience in applicable corporate reporting platforms.
· Excellent influencing skills, strategic ability and global experience pertaining to renewable energy and carbon emissions accounting.
in the cement, aggregate, ready mix, and hot-mix asphalt businesses is a plus.
- DRIVE INNOVATION. Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas to sustain our business
- OWN. Deliver results, creating value for business, our customers, and key stakeholders
- INSPIRE OTHERS. Inspire people to deliver our 2030 Sustainability Commitments. Demonstrate passion for a sustainable business
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET’S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
We’re a tight knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible and down-to-earth. We don’t ask you to “fit in” to our culture. We invite you to add to it.