GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
We’re Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, and related construction materials.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want every one of our people to play an active role in growing our business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We’re a tight-knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible and down-to-earth. We don’t ask you to “fit in” to our culture. We invite you to add to it.
Have you always wanted the keys to the car? Now you can have the keys to the kingdom! Lehigh Hanson is seeking a qualified Plant Manager who will be responsible for managing all aspects of the aggregate operation to include supervising staff, front office, scale house, and quality control operations.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
- Plan and direct the daily operations of a quarry producing crushed stone, including financial responsibility, supervision, and development of staff, production efficiency and cost-effectiveness of operations
- Identify opportunities, develop strategies, and execute the plan for operational improvement
- Identify, assess, and resolve employee issues including coaching, and counseling on behavioral issues & act as a role model and leader
- Prepare an operational schedule and coordinate production activities
- Work closely with Sales and Quality Control to ensure that products meet customer’s needs and expectations
- Participate in the development of annual operating and capital budgets
- Identify key inventory items needed for maintenance projects and manage inventory
- Interact with governmental and regulatory agencies, customers, vendors, Lehigh Hanson management, and the local community
- Execute quarry development and mine planning; ensure accuracy of all mine production reporting
- Ensure plant and mobile equipment are kept in good and safe working condition
- Work in conjunction with the maintenance department to determine optimal times for production equipment repairs; troubleshoot and resolve operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems
- Ensure compliance requirements are met through organizational and procedural measures including implementation of corporate guidelines, conducting training and monitoring compliance.
- Proactively manage health & safety of employees to continuously improve the company's health & safety performance
This position will reside in Francesville, IN
HERE’S WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelor's degree with mining-related discipline (Preferred) or the equivalent in relevant work experience
- Prior supervisory experience in the crushed stone segment of an aggregate business
- Previous experience with budgeting and financial planning of an operation
- At least 5 years of quarry experience and understanding crushing and process equipment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Proficient working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Solid understanding of government regulations and demonstrated ability to impact safe working practices
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to communicate clear and concise instructions in a professional manner
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment.
Benefits & Compensation:
We appreciate that candidates have many questions when considering opportunities, so we want to let you know that we offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, which we like to share with candidates a little bit later in the process.
No search firms, please.
Lehigh Hanson is a Drug-Free Workplace.
External candidates must be able to work in the USA without sponsorship.