PLANT AND QUARRY SUPERINTENDENT
Plant And Quarry Superintendent
Columbia Quarry Co . operates limestone aggregate quarries located in Midwestern Illinois, just east of St. Louis, MO. The combined production capabilities are in excess of a million tons per year of high-quality stone.
· Function as a Safety leader in the quarry by demonstrating a personal commitment to working Safely and ensuring the plant continues to eliminate work related risks.
· Accomplish production goals and keep accurate records with regards to equipment maintenance, cycle times, production targets, requisition of materials and adherence to budgeted cost targets.
· Work with quarry and plant personnel to optimize and reduce costs through continuous improvement activities.
· Direct drilling, blasting, stripping, loading, crushing, screening and storing of materials.
· Develop production plans in advance with the Sales Department, taking into account customer requirements with respect to tonnage, type of product and shipping schedule.
· Scheduling of manpower requirements to meet production plans.
· Assume responsibility for meeting requirements of the approved production plan at the minimum cost and consistent with good operating practice.
· Maintain properties in good condition and appearance.
· Assume responsibility for security and maintenance of buildings, structures, machinery, equipment, tools and supplies in your care.
· Be familiar with capacities and limitations of equipment recommended by manufacturers.
· Ensure proper handling and application of all facilities by personnel.
· Manage Federal, State and Local Permitting
· Good Old Common Sense!
· 3+ years mine supervision experience preferred.
· A thorough knowledge of MSHA and/or OSHA regulations.
· Strong verbal and written communications.
· Strong work ethic and Self-starter able to work with minimum supervision with sound decision making abilities.
· Must have the ability to effectively plan mining activities and demonstrate leadership qualities
· Good Mechanical Aptitude.
· Good computer skills.
· Excellent Healthcare Benefits – medical, vision, dental
· 401K with company matching and fixed annual contributions
· Vacation + Paid Holidays
· Disability, Life / AD&D, and Long-Term Care Insurances Available