GIVE DOWN-TO-EARTH A WHOLE NEW MEANING
We’re Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in the U.S. and Canada, making us North America’s leading supplier of cement, aggregates, ready mixed concrete, asphalt and related construction materials.
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want every one of our people to play an active role in growing our business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We’re a tight knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible and down-to-earth. We don’t ask you to “fit in” to our culture. We invite you to add to it.
Surrounded by mountains all around,
miles of hiking and biking trails, a
river running through it, and national parks nearby, Redding is an outdoor
paradise for young and old alike. Cradled by Mount Shasta and Mount Lassen,
Redding has 300+ sunny days per year.
Forbes ranks Redding as the only West Coast city among the Top 10 fishing destinations in North America. Redding is a perfect destination for "Any Adventure, Any Day!"
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
Lehigh Hanson is seeking a Quarry Manager for our Redding cement plant. Are you looking for a long term position with a stable company? If so, then look no further. The cement operation in Redding is looking for someone hardworking and dedicated to become part of the team. This position is the perfect opportunity for someone looking to grow their career with an industry leader in the aggregate and cement industry.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the Quarry Manager is responsible for overseeing the contractors in the quarry and the supervision of personnel in the daily operations of the quarry and yard services departments according to operating principles, company policies and procedures.
- Manage the quarry in all areas including production, maintenance, and quality control in a cost effective manner.
- Develop and execute goals and objectives for the quarry and crushing plant
- Sustain an optimal supply of raw material that meets quality targets to the cement plant.
- Assess current reserves and develop short term plans and work together with the central mining division on developing long range mining plans
- Optimization of the mobile equipment
- Participate in annual crusher planning and repairs
- Ensure compliance with environmental standards and government regulations related to permitting and reclamation
- Administer the Collective Bargaining Agreement and Company policies and procedures in conjunction with Human Resources and Management.
- Ensure compliance requirements are met through organizational and procedural measures including implementation of Group guidelines, performing training, monitoring compliance, etc.
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Program by suggesting changes in routines, personnel, equipment improvement and process improvement and encouraging report to do the same
- Proactively manage health & safety of employees to continuously improve the company’s health & safety performance
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc.) from four-year College or university related to mining or quarrying or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of three to five (3-5) years of direct management experience. Ability to manage a mining operation in challenging geology which requires detailed monitoring, ore blending, and selective mining on a daily basis.
- Prior experience with quarry budgets, mobile equipment management, and capital project desired
- Ability to read, to analyze, and to interpret geological maps, common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to effectively present information to plant management
- Ability to develop and execute mining plan based on production forecast.
- Ability to complete drone surveys and process data for reporting
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and mine planning software (Surpac) considered a plus
- General understanding of cement quality control desired.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to work with teams and people
Will regularly be exposed to each of the following:
- Employee must be able to function in an office environment as well as the company’s industrial environment, including the environmental conditions described below and the physical demands of working/auditing at the plant level (standing, walking, sitting, stooping, kneeling, climbing, crouching or crawling).
- Employee is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear.
- Occasional use of personal protective equipment, including a respirator.
Specific vision abilities required by the position include:
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
- Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more).
- Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors).
- Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point).
- Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships).
- Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
Will frequently be exposed to plant and quarry environment conditions which include:
- Wet or hot conditions.
- Working near moving mechanical parts.
- Working at height, sometimes in precarious places.
- Fumes or airborne particles.
- Toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Outdoor weather conditions.
- Extreme cold and extreme heat (non-weather).
Industrial risks similar to
those experienced by operations personnel including noise, dust, electrical and
machine risks, large equipment and vehicles, and occasional work in enclosed
BENEFITS & COMPENSATION:
We know that our employees are critical to our overall success. We are dedicated to investing in their future to maintain long-term relationships for lasting commitments. One of the ways we do this is to offer a comprehensive package of compensation and benefits programs which are regularly reviewed to maintain them at competitive levels.
Your salary will be commensurate with your work experience and relevant skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Veteran / Disabled