Area Operations Manager
Lehigh Hanson. Our products build cities and towns, including stadiums
that hold thousands of fans, and bridges that support millions of
vehicles. We have thousands of employees across hundreds of locations in
the U.S. and Canada, making us North America’s leading supplier of cement,
aggregates, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, and related construction
We might be a big company, but we appreciate and encourage our people to share their ideas and help shape our future. We want every one of our people to play an active role in growing our business. With our diverse product lines and locations across North America, there are opportunities to explore different roles and work on a variety of exciting and interesting projects.
We’re a tight-knit team. While we strive to be the best, we do it with an attitude that is humble, accessible and down-to-earth. We don’t ask you to “fit in” to our culture. We invite you to add to it.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL GET TO DO
Reporting to the Vice President/General Manager, this position manages aggregate plants in northern Ohio. The position currently leads multiple direct reports ensuring the safe and efficient operation of the plants. The successful candidate will be results-oriented, work with a high sense of urgency, have strong analytical skills and build strong relationships.
This opportunity is perfect for the leader who is looking to work with an industry leader. You will have the opportunity to focus on leadership of a tenured and technically knowledgeable team as you begin your career with a proven leader in the construction materials industry.
- Analyze plant and personnel performance, evaluating modifications, capital improvements and changes in practice or behavior to increase efficiencies and reduce costs. This position requires strong analytical skills and the successful candidate must be able to make solid business decisions based on quantitative analysis.
- Coordinate with supporting the Maintenance Manager to ensure that solid fleet and maintenance plans are in place and effectively executed at each operation.
- Prepare and implement annual operating and capital budgets as well as capital spending requests
- Ensure compliance requirements are met through organizational and procedural measures including implementation of corporate guidelines, conducting training and monitoring compliance.
- Proactively manage health & safety of employees to continuously improve the company's health & safety performance
This position will be based at Castalia, OH.
HERE’S WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Bachelors in Engineering or Business or equivalent work experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Five years of aggregates operations management.
- Prior experience managing multiple locations preferred.
- Basic understanding of geology and various mining methods.
- Solid knowledge of local, state, and federal regulations governing aggregate operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of operational and sales and marketing issues affecting aggregate operations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of aggregate quality control parameters.
- Ability to demonstrate entrepreneurial thinking and work with the management team to identify worthwhile business opportunities.
- Intermediate level computer skills including MS Office products.
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget preparation and financial statements.
- Solid communication skills, oral and written.
- Proven leadership skills managing multiple and diverse teams.
- Highly motivated and driven to succeed.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and effectively respond to urgent situations.
- Complies with all federal, state and local guidelines.
- Physical Requirements: sitting, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, climbing, balancing, bending (bending at the waist, lifting above the waist and lifting below the waist), kneeling, reaching, grasping (use of both hands), squatting, repetitive motions, manipulative finger movements with both hands, use of wrists (flexing or rotating with both wrists), use of both feet, use of arms above and below shoulder, work extended periods of time in same position, perform duties in all climates i.e. weather, extreme temperatures, tolerate heights, lift and carry up to 75 lbs., work in confined spaces, capable of wearing respiratory and other personal protective equipment
BRING YOUR HUMBLE OVERACHIEVER ATTITUDE AND LET’S ELEVATE OUR COMPANY EVEN HIGHER!
At Lehigh Hanson, we care a great deal about your health which is why there is no waiting period to participate in highly competitive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance programs. In addition, we offer a 401(k) retirement savings plan with an automatic company contribution as well as matching contributions.
Lehigh Hanson is a Drug-Free Workplace.
External candidates must be able to work in the USA without sponsorship.